Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friendship bracelets

These bracelets have been so fun to make!  I found the tutorial here when I was looking on Pinterest.

IMG_20110715_082618 by theresplendentbeauty

When I made the first one, I used this rhinestone trim that I found at Hobby Lobby in the fabric department.  It also comes in white.  I think it is plastic but it is perfect for this application.  It was also on sale this week which made it even more perfect!  I wrapped it with the black waxed linen onto the periwinkle suede cord.  I finished it with a Thai silver flower charm.  I liked it so much, I made a second one just like it for my other daughter.  She is wearing hers as a choker.  Like that it is so versatile!

IMG_20110715_082230 by theresplendentbeauty

Then for the second one shown here, I picked up some teal waxed linen at Bella Beads and used some green ball chain.  I used regular leather cord for this one and another Thai silver charm plus a green turqoise charm that I made.  Another hit with the teenager!

The teen and I were shopping at a store out at BridgeStreet last night and saw very similar bracelets for $25.  Increased the cool factor for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment