Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Felt Ornament

Continuing on my Pinterest theme...  I found this cute ornament from zakkalife who has one of my favorite blogs for crafts.

All of the samples I have seen use red felt and red thread.  I think this is a perfect ornament for experimenting with some different color combinations. I did not go too far off the original for my first attempt.  :-)


I have some gold organza ribbon that I used for the hanging loop and then I found some metallic braid in my beading stash!


This braid is from Kreinik...


And my favorite thing about it...


Hooray for Kreinik!  I think the bowl is another story.  My youngest received it as a gift from a cast mate when she was in King and I locally.  But it measures just under 4.5 inches and after I traced the bowl, my circle was just right.


And I will leave you with a close up of the knot details.


I think the metallic thread adds just the right touch of sparkle to this ornament!

1 comment: